Questioning about pdf export and text color when printing (Help needed)

Previous topic - Next topic

Cendar

Hi ! I'm new to Scribus (and text publishing in general ^^) and there is something I don't understand. I hope someone can help me. Sorry for my english, I'll try to explain the best I can.

I'm making a little newspaper. I placed some elements for my layout (images, text blocks, etc...), and I wanted to test for printing, but there is always a problem somewhere.

If I try to print directly from Scribus, the transparent(alpha) of my PNGs images appears in big white.
Exemple:

If I export in PDF before printing, the transparent(alpha) of my PNGs images are ok, but the text color in my text blocks print all black (I have some white text over images to tell the source or to comment.)

I tried many different settings from what i read here and there but it is impossible for me to do what I want and it is very frustrating.
From what I understood, this can be a problem with color management, font import/embbed, or maybe a setting that I forgot/overlooked.

I tried to activate color management.
I tried to use the two different whites (RGB and YCMK):

I tried to embbed the font. I tried to vectorize the font.
I tried to export pdf with different settings (1.4, 1.5, with or without compression, etc...)

No matter what, even when looking at the PDF where the font seems white, Arial stays black when I print.

The only solution that works I have found so far is to export my .sla in png images. There, the font colors and png transparency are both ok and I can print and get what I want.
Another thing that works, is if I use an OpenType font, the text will print in white. But all TrueType fonts print in black.

What I want when I print my exported PDF:

If someone can give me a clue about all this, I'll be very thankful.

(I attach the .sla file in the post in case you want to look at it)

[attachment deleted by admin]

a.l.e

just a wild guess: you might simply need to set the fill color for the image frame to "None" instead of white...

utnik

hi cendar

when i put an image in the frame on the first page and export to a .pdf file, the text is white in front of the image – i don't know what goes wrong when you export it...

utnik

Cendar

Thanks for your responses!

Quote from: a.l.e on November 07, 2019, 12:23:59 PM
just a wild guess: you might simply need to set the fill color for the image frame to "None" instead of white...

Good idea ! Didn't think of that! Alas, the fill color was already set to none.

Quote from: utnik on November 07, 2019, 12:44:58 PM
when i put an image in the frame on the first page and export to a .pdf file, the text is white in front of the image – i don't know what goes wrong when you export it...

When I export, the PDF seems normal with the text in white. It's when I try to print that the text goes black.

When I export = the pdf looks ok, good colors (text in white over the images), transparancy of PNGs ok
When I print the PDF = the white text print in black (only with a TrueType font, if I use an OpenType font, the text print like it should, in white)

utnik

hi cendar

Quote from: Cendar on November 11, 2019, 08:54:51 AMWhen I export, the PDF seems normal with the text in white. It's when I try to print that the text goes black.

in this case it might be a problem with your .pdf reader rather than a scribus bug...

utnik

Cendar

Quote from: utnik on November 11, 2019, 11:43:39 AM
in this case it might be a problem with your .pdf reader rather than a scribus bug...

Thank you very much ! It worked ! I uninstalled and re-installed Acrobat and it works ! Many many thanks !