Would you like to recommend me a screen capture tools (Debian/Gnome)?

Previous topic - Next topic

yichuang驿窗

I had read thic topic about ksnapshot:
https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Help:Manual_Toolsksnapshot

And, when I installed this tools on Debian Stretch(gnome), the system tips me that the ksnapshot had been replaced by kde-spectacle. Then, I installed kde-spectacle and captured the screen. But, the screenshot file is only 8bit PNG file, not 32bit.

Is there any other software that can be recommended? Or can kde-spectacle grab 32 bits PNG? Or, what software do you use to capture screens?

a.l.e

Personally i'm using Peek:

https://github.com/phw/peek

It's packaged for Debian.

The only thing i'm missing is a way to set a specific size, without drag and drop:

https://github.com/phw/peek/issues/246

yichuang驿窗

Thanks for your infomation.
I will try to capture some PNG files with peek.
And, I hope that the PNG files can be printed can be printed with high quality.

a.l.e

ah, no... peek is for recording screen caputres as gif or mp4 (or similar).

if you simply want a screenshot, you can use gimp... or, depending on the desktop environment even the "PrtScr" key...

yichuang驿窗

gimp?
I used shutter before, but it seems that there is a problem with the print size of the PNG file captured by shutter.

RodneyLee

yichuang驿窗

Quote from: RodneyLee on September 22, 2019, 04:09:55 PM
I use "Screenshot" with linuxmint

Image files captured by the screenshot, how is the print effect after scribus, size and accuracy?
With gimp, I have to modify the font size of the menu of the APPs what I captured(from 11p to 26p). Otherwise the size of the fonts of the captured images will be very small after imported to scribus.

RodneyLee

yichuang驿窗

Excuse me, what do you mean?
In scribus, I import the captured PNG file and export the scribus file to PDF, then print the PDF.
Would like to explain what you did?

utnik

Quote from: yichuang驿窗 on September 23, 2019, 04:13:59 AM...I have to modify the font size of the menu of the APPs what I captured(from 11p to 26p). Otherwise the size of the fonts of the captured images will be very small after imported to scribus.

either you need screenshots, then you should present them in a readable size (if the menu entries need to be understood...)
or you use your screenshots as a base for some edited illustrations, then you may edit whatever you need.

but as long as your goal is to document something with real screenshots, there's no need to have more information (in pixels) than you had on screen.

if the preflight software of your printshop doesn't accept your file because of a low image resolution, you might scale the whole screenshot (i.e. with 'gimp') – but select 'none' for the algorithm of the interpolation to keep the optical pixels of the screenshot intact...

utnik

yichuang驿窗

Quote from: utnik on September 25, 2019, 05:50:35 PM

either you need screenshots, then you should present them in a readable size (if the menu entries need to be understood...)
or you use your screenshots as a base for some edited illustrations, then you may edit whatever you need.

but as long as your goal is to document something with real screenshots, there's no need to have more information (in pixels) than you had on screen.

if the preflight software of your printshop doesn't accept your file because of a low image resolution, you might scale the whole screenshot (i.e. with 'gimp') – but select 'none' for the algorithm of the interpolation to keep the optical pixels of the screenshot intact...

utnik

Thanks for your reply.
I will try to scale the captured PNG file with gimp (select None). If it worked, that will be very helpful for my work.

yichuang驿窗

Quote from: utnik on September 25, 2019, 05:50:35 PM

utnik

It works fine!
Today, I took the scribus file with the gimp screenshot and took it to the print shop for printing. The printed document, the picture quality is very good, can meet my needs.

Thank you~