distance between lines of text

Previous topic - Next topic

j722

Im trying to fit lines of text into a tabel.
I cant find the function where to fit the text lines into the tabel.

And funny thing is that first line and last line of text is alined with tabel but its the middle where it goes wrong.
The tabel is about 20 boxes downward

a.l.e

would you be kind enough to show at least a screenshot of what you're seeing or -- if possible -- share a sample .sla with the concerned table?

jack_cat

I don't use the Scribus table function - I make tables using TABs in Story Editor. They don't show up in Story Editor the same way as in the live text frame, because the TABs are not the same size in the text frame as in the Editor (one of those peculiarities), but after exiting Story Editor they are easy to adjust with more Tabs and spaces to make them look right, working directly in the text frame, once they have been basically set up in the Story Editor. The TAB sizes are adjustable in the Style Manager.

To make this work, I have to set up a style for Tables with no justification or other bells & whistles. Sometimes a monospaced type like Courier is useful too.

If I have something complicated, I do it in a graphics or spreadsheet program and save it as an image.
Or if the Table needs visible frames. You could even do it in HTML and take a screenshot, if resolution isn't a problem.

When I first looked into making Tables in Scribus, I ran across some comments to the effect that the Table function was lame and needed some work, so I worked around it.

jack