print problems scale

Previous topic - Next topic

jim78b

why if i plot with my plotter or in pdf i have the images like in the pdf? what i wrong?

[attachment deleted by admin]

a.l.e

sorry, your question is missing some context...

where is the plot? : - )

and, if you have a hard time explaining your issue in english, you're welcome to ask your questions in italian, if possible with your own translation into english.

jim78b

Quote from: a.l.e on August 20, 2019, 04:50:32 PM
sorry, your question is missing some context...

where is the plot? : - )

and, if you have a hard time explaining your issue in english, you're welcome to ask your questions in italian, if possible with your own translation into english.

Excuse me, the print is the pdf that I have attached, if you open it you see the image very small thing which in reality is not in the scribus file.
but the strange is if i export instead of plot to pdf  the plot come out correct!

i use scribus portable 1.5.4

a.l.e

personally, i don't understand what you mean by "if i export instead of plot to pdf".

for us it is very hard to judge what is going on, without being able to see the scribus file.

jim78b

It is simply i think. If you plot As pdf how i can explain ?
In the file menu there is plot voice and then export option.

jim78b

Quote from: a.l.e on August 20, 2019, 05:51:34 PM
personally, i don't understand what you mean by "if i export instead of plot to pdf".

for us it is very hard to judge what is going on, without being able to see the scribus file.

I attach a image in which you see the voice :print and export

a.l.e

in my scribus and in your screenshot i don't see a "plot" entry.

also, generally speaking, it's not a good idea to print directly from scribus.
for various reasons, you should always first export to a pdf and then print that pdf.

i guess that for helping you further i'd need to see the .sla file with the concerned image...

jim78b

There is print sorry for me is  same as plot. Tomorrow i attach a page of my file thanks for now very much :)

jim78b

Quote from: a.l.e on August 20, 2019, 07:49:08 PM
in my scribus and in your screenshot i don't see a "plot" entry.

also, generally speaking, it's not a good idea to print directly from scribus.
for various reasons, you should always first export to a pdf and then print that pdf.

i guess that for helping you further i'd need to see the .sla file with the concerned image...

hello Ale i attach my scribus file, i try to export as pdf and you find in the zip file a pdf in which colors frames are moved from images...i don't know why!

then i attach a jpg in which you see the wrong scale of some images!!! is mistake?!

a.l.e

buondì

it's hard for me to tell what you did.

but when looking at the .sla file, it's very clear that the concerned image is at free scale and does not fill the frame.

if you want the image to be of the size of the frame, you need to check the "to frame size" in the image tab of the properties palette.
most of the time, this is the default setting.

ok, i had a closer look: all your images are free scaling and 100%.
i guess that you made a small rectangle, loaded the image in there and then scaled the frame.
of course, the image is still "small".
if you want the image to "automatically" scale when you scale the frame (which in your case seems to be a sane thing), you can change that in the document setup > item tools > images.
you can also change in the same tab of the preferences, to activate for all documents you will be creating in the future.

what you need to take care is: when working with scribus, the image does not always fill the full frame. you can even move the image inside of the frame (even if, most of the times, you should prefer keeping the frame at the same size as its content).

when i look at your documents, they look of good quality, so you seem to be able to use correctly scribus. but from the issues you're facing there seems to be a workflow issue somewhere.
it's hard to tell what it is.

(p.s.: in modern "computing", plotting means creating a graph from some data... and in scribus you can plot by using a render frame with gnuplot or graphviz)

jim78b

THANKS A LOT FOR SAW my file. i always create image frame and then load image in it , the only method  working is to print as adobe pdf, if i use export is a mistake for some images

jim78b

But if you see the warning simbol ...the image is 100%bit when you export the warning simbol is very little why ?

Quote from: a.l.e on August 21, 2019, 08:44:25 AM
buondì

it's hard for me to tell what you did.

but when looking at the .sla file, it's very clear that the concerned image is at free scale and does not fill the frame.

if you want the image to be of the size of the frame, you need to check the "to frame size" in the image tab of the properties palette.
most of the time, this is the default setting.

ok, i had a closer look: all your images are free scaling and 100%.
i guess that you made a small rectangle, loaded the image in there and then scaled the frame.
of course, the image is still "small".
if you want the image to "automatically" scale when you scale the frame (which in your case seems to be a sane thing), you can change that in the document setup > item tools > images.
you can also change in the same tab of the preferences, to activate for all documents you will be creating in the future.

what you need to take care is: when working with scribus, the image does not always fill the full frame. you can even move the image inside of the frame (even if, most of the times, you should prefer keeping the frame at the same size as its content).

when i look at your documents, they look of good quality, so you seem to be able to use correctly scribus. but from the issues you're facing there seems to be a workflow issue somewhere.
it's hard to tell what it is.

(p.s.: in modern "computing", plotting means creating a graph from some data... and in scribus you can plot by using a render frame with gnuplot or graphviz)

a.l.e

i cannot tell you much more: you should scale your images to the frame size.
and make sure that the images have enough pixels to be printed correctly at the chosen size.

and sorry, if forgot to attach a screenshot to my previous post, showing where is the problem. here it is.

jim78b

In my scribus i see all the images correct fit their the frames but in your i see like in the pdf why this ?i only have the Issue only if i export to pdf ...in visualization ...i miss something settings ?

Quote from: a.l.e on August 21, 2019, 03:37:59 PM
i cannot tell you much more: you should scale your images to the frame size.
and make sure that the images have enough pixels to be printed correctly at the chosen size.

and sorry, if forgot to attach a screenshot to my previous post, showing where is the problem. here it is.

a.l.e

i don't know what to tell you.
i've never seen anybody with such an issue.

all i can think of: can you try with a "normal" build for scribus 1.5.5?
here you can find the install files for x86: https://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-devel/1.5.5/scribus-1.5.5-windows-x64.exe/download