override text find

Previous topic - Next topic

jim78b

how can i find override text in my doc?

RodneyLee

jim78b

Modified. I modified some text  in my document pages  but scribus don' t tell me what is modified. In indesign when i edit some text in my document if i edit text there is a + on the text style.

RodneyLee

I just looked, you may be correct, might request that feature, if you clicked into the text box, text palette shows it's modified, yes?

jim78b

is not present as feature right? i don't know if the text is modified

Nermander

Isn't that feature in Indesign only if you modify text from a master page? Scribus does not have that kind of master pages.

jim78b

No not in master pages in all the document texts...

a.l.e

mmm... do you mean that when you apply some local formatting to a bunch of text you see that the applied style is not "pure"?

if that's the case, i somehow see why this could be a useful information, but at the same time, without an indication of what is the difference, i wonder if the information is really useful (i mean: if you don't see that a formatting has changed and you have no clue of what has changed... what can you do if not just clean the formatting? on the other hand, if you see the difference, well, you don't need a mark for it...)

personally, i don't think that i've ever felt the need for this feature, but i'd be interested in cases where it's useful.

and if your issues is a different one, well, please explain again what feature you're looking for (you can also try to put both an italian and an english version of your question... sometimes it helps to have also an untranslated version of the question...)

jim78b

hai capito quello che intendevo .
per me e' una funzione utile se vado a modificare localmente in testo che ha un suo stile sarebbe bello se scribus segnalasse la cosa.

you understand what I meant.
for me it is a useful feature if I go to edit locally in text that has its own style it would be nice if scribus signaled the thing.

a.l.e

i have opened a ticket in the bug tracker

https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15766

we will see if somebody can give more ideas on how to implement this.

jim78b

so i have a file with images the file size is about 350 kb , what take space in my files? text?

thanks a lot for your help

a.l.e

if you  don't have embedded images, than the file will mostly "contain" text, yes.
or vector shapes, if you have outlined text or complex vector drawings.

if you share your .sla file we can tell you more...

jim78b

oh you are so kind now i attach my file so you can check, all pdf and images are embedded.

[attachment deleted by admin]

a.l.e

the file looks fine to me.

most of the "space" that is not text, is used to define the frames around the text and for defining the tables and their cells.

in the .sla file everything takes a bit more space than strictly needed if the file format would have created in order to save disk space... but, well, it does not look that terrible to me.

jim78b

Oh thanks i want only know if i working right !