Can't see Scribus files outside of Scribus

Previous topic - Next topic

arcaneranger

Please help! I'm new to the software and have been working on a document for ~ 8 hours now, only to notice that while Scribus can find its own files, they are completely invisible outside of the program. Even if I create a folder on my desktop to save in-progress files and exports to, Scribus can see the folder, but it's not actually there on my desktop for me to see when I exit the software - which also means that I can't see my exported work.  ??? Willing to provide any information needed, but this is a strange issue.

a.l.e

i think that we need more information, yes.

first: what OS are you using? windows?

would it be possible to do a screen capture of your process of saving a file?
on windows 10 you should get a screen capturing tool by pressing win-g...

the most likely reason is that you're not saving the files where you think they're being saved...

Nermander

I know in the past there has been some bug with that the path where files are saved is not correct unless you navigate to it from the root (or something like that).

The usual question was like "Why does Scribus say the folder is write protected?" and it turned out that while it looked like you were in the right folder you weren't. (It might have been during PDF export, but I think the same navigation pane is used in the dialog.)