Master page not retaining certain properties

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasmus

Hi

I am terribly new (as of yesterday).

I started out making a document, and tinkering with styles and so on, and it worked great, so I figured I would do a master page next.
So I set up two master pages, one right and one left, with a pagenumber at the bottom corner of each page.
This pagenumber has been set to 50% colour not to "pop" too much on the page. So far so good.
I can make new pages based on these masters, retaining all other properties of the master (some headers and so on) but, and here's the rub, the pagenumber turns back to 100% colour and I cannot click on page 3 or 4 or so on's page number box to edit it manually.
Clearly I am missing something. What might it be?

utnik

hi rasmus

Quote from: Rasmus on May 31, 2019, 09:20:22 AM...This pagenumber has been set to 50% colour not to "pop" too much...
...and here's the rub, the pagenumber turns back to 100% colour...

how did you set the page number to 50%?
if you reduced the 'saturation' ('properties' → 'text' → 'color & effects'), it should stay that way. but if you changed the opacity of the frame ('properties' → 'colors') it depends on the .pdf version if the reduced value will stay or change to full opacity. (.pdf 1.3 can't handle transparencies and scribus doesn't flatten them...)
Quote...and I cannot click on page 3 or 4 or so on's page number box to edit it manually.

that's by design – scribus won't allow to edit master page items on an actual document page.

utnik

Rasmus

Thanks.

As I was tinkering with this I tore the entire master down and remade it from scratch. I cannot replicate the issue so I am guessing I just did something wrong on my first attempt. :)