Snap is awkward

Previous topic - Next topic

akujbida

1. When using snap to guidelines, objects jump to the wrong guideline. For example, if I use the guideline wizard to create three columns with spacing between, and then two horizontal grids with similar space between, I can't get an object (rectangle or text boxes) to snap to the top left of the center column; rather it jumps to the next guidelines over (or up). It will also often use the bottom edge of the object as the snap point, rather than the nearest edge.

2. Once snapped, I have a very difficult time pulling the darn thing out of snap. It's really really sticky, and I have to drag the mouse 20% of the page away before it unsnaps.

I've tried twiddling the snap settings, with no benefit.

1.3.3.13svn

Any tips?

Regards

utnik

hello akujbida

first, switch to 1.4.0rc6 and see if it works better – and don't try to adjust your boxes at small zoom levels like 20%.
with close spaces between guides, it is sometimes a bit tricky. but in 'normal' zoom levels and with 'snap to grid' unchecked it usually works...

utnik

akujbida

Thanks utnik. Upgrades are too often very troublesome, so I'll leave this one until  my next machine.

Regards,
Aleksander

Nermander

I don't know how it is in 1.4RC6, but I think I recall that it is a bit frustrating that if you pull the frame towards a left edge guide Scribus also snaps the right edge to guides if it is very close. I remember having to make the frame very small to first snap the left and top, then resize it to snap the right and bottom edges.

But maybe that has been improved in newer versions?

/Peter

Admin

Quote from: akujbida on December 05, 2011, 12:33:07 PM
Thanks utnik. Upgrades are too often very troublesome, so I'll leave this one until  my next machine.

Regards,
Aleksander

It depends on what OS  you're running. Care to share?
Scribus Forum Admin. Please PM with questions if you are having administrative problems with the forum.