Import logo or embed

Previous topic - Next topic

jim78b

I don't  know if is better import the logo of my company as pdf or as a vectorial image .the problem is when in the future i want edit the logo, the vectorial image don't reflect the modify in the other logo that i put in the other pages .

mnawij

Hi jim78b,

Let me clear up somethings, pdf files can be either raster or vector.  If you import the file into Scribus as vector, then the artwork is now part of the Scribus file.  If you place the pdf file into an image frame, I believe it is considered a raster image, but I could be wrong on that and then it will be considered a linked file.  A linked file stays connected to the original image/file when modified those changes will be reflected.  An embedded image no longer has a direct connection to the original file, at least as far as I know so no updates would occur, you would have to replace each embedded image.

If you import the logo as vector, you can modify it within Scribus and then copy and paste it as you need it.  If you would like to update the artwork across multiple instances then linking would be the best option to do so.

Cheers!
mnawij

amair

Hi,

you might want to have a look at the menu items "Item / Send to / Patterns" or "Item / Convert to / Symbol". It will be visible in the window opened using "Windows / Symbols". Use drag'n'drop to place those patterns/symbols in your document. If you edit the symbol then it will change everywhere in the document.
I've used that in my latest work, using Scribus v1.5.x.

Regards,
Andreas