Hyperlink problem...

Previous topic - Next topic

md40022

Hello all. Using Scribus 1.4.7 for the very first time yesterday. Impressive software. I am having a bit of a problem with hyperlinks though.

The hyperlinks are working okay, but not in the fashion in which I need. Hoping someone might be able to help me....

What I am attempting to do is create a business flyer and incorporate hyperlinks which link to different sections of the business website.

I have tried both methods of hyperlinks; the "2 foot" icon and adding a weblink and also the slightly more elaborate javascript method. Both are giving me the same problem.

When I insert the hyperlinks and then save the document as a .PDF then all is perfectly fine, I can open the .PDF file and the hyperlinks are working fine. No issues at all.

However, what I want to do is take that .PDF file and insert it into the body of a mass-email blast that I will send out to our customers, sort of like a monthly newsletter. I want the file to show in the body of the email, I do NOT want to send it as an attachment. And while I am able insert the .PDF file into the body of my Outlook email, the hyperlinks do not exist when I do this?!?! 

So when I sent that email blast out, the .PDF does show up in the body of the email and it looks great, but none of the hyperlinks are active.  Again though, the hyperlinks work fine when I open the actual .PDF document. But when the .PDF is incorporated into an outgoing Outlook email, the hyperlinks now longer exist it seems..... Is there a solution to this, because this would be a crushing blow for me with the Scribus program.

Nermander

What you want to do is really not possible, a PDF cannot be shown inline in an e-mail.

Some e-mail  clients may be able to use a pre-view feature to show the contents of a PDF, but in general you are stuck with attachments.

E-mails are just text. Most clients today are however able to interpret for example HTML or RTF to show formated content.