No text on PDF after generation

Previous topic - Next topic

chivsey

Hi there guys,

I'm designing a tape inlay on Scribus and this is the first time I've used this software. I use inDesign at work, so know the rough ropes of how to use packages like this.

I've tried to run off a PDF of my work and have found that the text is completely absent. Images are on the design but that's it. When I've exported as an image, text shows up fine.

I did note on another post that you have to make sure the postscript file is embedded (which it is), so I'm a wee bit stumped. Any ideas? Might be something silly that I'm missing. Does this have anything to do with not having Ghostscript installed?

Cheers!

RodneyLee

can you share the scribus file? maybe try without images

Nermander

Exporting to PDF does not need Ghostscript.

Are you sure the layer with text is set to print? A layer not set to print will also not export to PDF as far as I know, but it will still show on the screen (but perhaps not in preview mode).

Did you try to select text in the exported PDF? To make sure that the text for example is not transparent, white or maybe even covered by a non-transparent object.

chivsey

Thanks guys, I've just messed about with layers to make sure the print option was there and it was. It seems to be something to do with Futura. I've now used a second font and can see that in a new PDF, but not the Futura text - odd!

chivsey

Quote from: Nermander on March 03, 2019, 05:44:03 PM

Did you try to select text in the exported PDF? To make sure that the text for example is not transparent, white or maybe even covered by a non-transparent object.

Ahhhhhh, I have, and it's showing something there ... I'm not sure why to how it's affecting just Futura though ...

chivsey

Worked it out!  :o

I had to change the fonts in export to Outline.

Thanks for getting back to me guys!