PDF, Vistaprint, Different file format??

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelsb13

Hey hey!

I am using the program on a Mac.

I'm new to Scribus. I've looked into a lot of different tips and tricks and love the program! I've created a document with a quote that I wanted to print to hang in my home. I saved it as a PDF but as soon as I went to upload the file to Vistaprint, it wouldn't allow me to click on the file. It was as if Vistaprint didn't accept my file. I assumed that a PDF wasn't accepted on the site, but there wasn't an option on Scribus for formats that I'm used to like JPEG. What do I need to save this document as in order to send it off to be printed with places like Vistaprint?

Thank you!

a.l.e

are you saving as pdf or exporting to pdf?

you should have used the command in "file > export"...

Chelsb13

I did use the export option for PDF. I honestly don't remember seeing a "save as" option for PDF or anything really, haha. Probably there but I didn't see it and missed it. Maybe there are sizing issues? DPI issues? I'm really stumped!

RodneyLee

a.l.e

- i've created a fake project on vistaprint (assuming i got the same vistaprint you're talking about)
- i've created a dummy .sla with one text frame in it
- uploaded the file to vistaprint and i'm seeing the text i've typed in scribus, in the preview on the website.

scribus seems to produce PDFs that are compatible with vistaprint.

can you please upload a sample pdf that is refused by vistaprint and exact instructions for getting the rejection from vistaprint?

Chelsb13

Attached is the file that I created and a screen grab of what the site looks like whenever I attempt to upload the files. As I'm sure you know, Macs will show the files even if they are not able to be clicked on which is what is happening here. I cannot click on the files to upload them to Vistaprint. All of the listed files are that way. I do not know what I have done wrong for this to happen.

[attachment deleted by admin]

a.l.e

- i go to vistaprint dot com
- i click on sign and posters > posters
- click on the first available choice for each option
- click on start designing
- at the end of the page i click "use your complete design"
- i click on "my computer" and i can choose your pdf
- it seems to "just work"
- the result is attached
- i did not do the further steps, since your issue seems to be in the upload.

what are the exact steps you're doing?

ciao
a.l.e

[attachment deleted by admin]

Chelsb13

I followed those exact steps and it still would not let me "choose" my file to upload. I have no idea what is going on with my computer!

Nermander

My guess is that it is a browser issue. Have you tried a different web browser?