Change Log for 1.4 RC2?

Previous topic - Next topic

maniac

Scribus 1.4 Release Candidate 2 is out.

Is there a Change Log somewhere, to help us determine whether or not we want to download and install 1.4 RC2 instead of 1.4 RC1?

Admin

Quote from: maniac on March 14, 2011, 01:35:49 PM
Scribus 1.4 Release Candidate 2 is out.

Is there a Change Log somewhere, to help us determine whether or not we want to download and install 1.4 RC2 instead of 1.4 RC1?

If you experience regressions that you should update. If it works fine for you and your bandwidth is very limited then wait. It won't hurt to update if you can, though.
Scribus Forum Admin. Please PM with questions if you are having administrative problems with the forum.

maniac

In the meantime, 1.4 RC3 has been released.

I found this page showing the changelogs for 1.4 RC1, 1.4 RC2, and 1.4 RC3.

Apparently this is going to be the last "release candidate"... will the Scribus 1.4 final be called "stable"? I must admit to being a bit confused about how Scribus decide whether to call a program version "stable" or "developmental".

Nermander

The versioning has been explained many times on the Scribus mailing list and the background is something like that one branch that was supposed to become the text stable unfortunately went into a dead end due to (I think) a new version of Qt. So the 1.3.3-series had to be "promoted" into stable becuase it would take to long to wait for 1.4.

So, from now on (hopefully), 1.<even number> will be stable versions and 1.<odd number> will be development versions.

maniac

maniac

Now Scribus 1.4 Release Candidate 5, from the same download location.

Scribus is the most under-reported success story in the world of open-source software, I try to remedy this by spreading the word in as a many places as I can  ;)