Resizing Images inside Image Frame by Mouse ?

Previous topic - Next topic

danzzzzzz

hi community

Is it somehow possible to resize an Image inside its frame by using the mouse (like in Adobe Indesign)? I don't want to change the framesize and I don't want to scale it by some numeric factor. I know there is the option to adjust frame to image and vice-versa, but thats also not, what i need.

It seems possible to rotate it with the mouse and shift , but not to resize it - which is IMHO very much more useful than rotation.  ::)

Baruch

Hi,
I do have the exact same question and would be soo happy this would work!

I must say I'm absolutely new in scribus after having worked with indesign for years...

how do you experienced users deal with this issue?

Greetings -
Baruch

RodneyLee

use image properties to scale images inside frames, it's all there.

Baruch

Hi RodneyLee
Thank you for your reply.
I guess we would like to do that with the mouse, being able to grap the corners or sides of the image! (instead of having to play with the percentages...)

or do I do something wrong?

a.l.e

you cannot yet do that, no.

but using the mouse wheel on the scaling fields is not quite playing with percentages... you can try it out...

Baruch

Great, thank you, I did not know that yet!

Is it possible, to change, that it would center the image in the frame and not fix it to the top left corner of the frame?

Nermander

I think that in the properties for the frame you can select the reference point. But maybe that is just for the frame, not the image inside the frame?