Images not Displaying

Previous topic - Next topic

ewan

I have a Scribus document that was fine a few days ago but now when I load it I get a red cross where images should be and if I look at image info is says "image missing"

looking at the the .sla file in a text editor I can see the image entries which include entries like " PFILE="2108 Photos/IMG-20180912-WA0008.jpeg" " - This is the correct relative path (relative to the location of the .sla file) and filename of the image - The file is at that location, is not corrupt and I have r/w access to it.

I have tried changing the PFILE entry to an absolute path, but that makes no difference.

If I "get image" the image reappears (although it no longer fits the frame) and survives a save-close-reopen - Looking at the file agin in a text editor the PFILE entry appears identical to the one that did not work.

"get image" appears to reset other parameters associated with the image so using get image to use "get image" to replace them involves rework and I have no confidence that the images won't disappear again

Can anyone explain whats going on and how I can fix it without manually re-inserting the images.

I am running Scribus Version 1.4.6 Build ID: C-C-T-F-C1.15.10-64bit Using Ghostscript version 9.26 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Thanks

Ewan

a.l.e

do you have lot of images in the document?
it's a bit document...

it might be a memory issue...

ewan

No, only 2 pages with half a dozen images

Ewan

dragonfly

Although spaces in file paths should work, just acting on a wild thought, try removing spaces in file paths ..

2108 Photos/IMG-20180912-WA0008.jpeg
to
2108-Photos/IMG-20180912-WA0008.jpeg   

utnik

hi ewan

Quote from: ewan on December 29, 2018, 07:27:59 PM..."get image" appears to reset other parameters associated with the image so using get image to use "get image" to replace them involves rework...

try 'extras' → 'manage images' → 'search' to fix the path without losing the placement settings.
Quote...and I have no confidence that the images won't disappear again.

they shouldn't (as long as you don't change anything...)

could it be a simple typo? (i.e. '2108 Photos/IMG...' instead of '2018 Photos/IMG...')

utnik