Problem with missing glyphs

Previous topic - Next topic

Menno

Hi there, my name is Menno and I have been using Scribus frequently for over a year now. I wont call myself an expert, but I think I know enough about Scribus.... This was untill I got a new work computer. It has the same version of windows on it, and except for some hardware upgrades is identical to my old work PC.
I transferred all my old files to my new PC and was ready to get back to work, so I opened one of my ongoing projects in Scribus. And to my amazement half the symbols in the text arent showing up. Amongst them are the @ and the simple point (.).
I checked the font, but it is the same one I used for over a year now in Scribus. I didnt even download a new font since it was amongst the things I transferred from my old PC.
Next thing I did was to check out the file on a colleges PC. And it worked fine. This is when I started to worry.
Other things I tried were a new instalation of scribus, another version of scribus and change the keyboard language in windows. I have restarted my PC several times too.

I have been at it for a day now and havnt been able to find anything like this specific problem on the forums so I thought I would have a go at posting it. In the hope someone could help me.

The font I use is Ringbearer medium. Yes, I know, it is a free downloadable font. But I have used it for ages now, and it works fine with Scribus on other devices.

I am open for suggestions, so dont hold back.

Kind regards

a.l.e

hi menno

first, (almost as usual) restarting scribus, your computer or even reinstalling scribus does not lead to a solution.
it might work with other programs but i (almost) never experienced that it solved anything in scribus.

now, for your specific matter: i have the feeling that you forgot to give us the most important infomration: does the "ringbearer medium" font show up in the list of fonts?

ciao
a.l.e

utnik

hi menno

does your copy of the font contain your missing glyphs?
at least the 'ringbearer medium' downloeded from dafont.com doesn't.

utnik

Menno

@a.l.e
Restarting a program or the PC, or both is kinda ingrained I guess. So I just had to try it ;)
And to answer your question. Yes. It does show up in the list. And besides that, the rest of the font seems to work fine. Just not the the points, comma's, @'s etc.

@utnik
Yes. My version of the font does. I know the one you are talking about though. There are a few downloads of the font online that dont include some of the symbols. The one I have does though. And I have tried several different downloads too. So its not one specific download that is causing me this problem.

Thank you for the replies.