Author Topic: Scribus and Printing?  (Read 90 times)

jhamond987

• Scribus User
Scribus and Printing?
« on: October 13, 2018, 02:11:58 am »
Wow, just started using this awesome program just a week ago. It is incredibly nice layout program for desktop publishing. I do wish it came with a bunch of little graphics to use, but you can't get it all for the price! Anyway, it won't print. I have an HP 1310 printer and every time I try to print something directly, it sends it to the printer, I click on the little printer in the icon tray to see what is going on, because it claims to be printing, but nothing happens. When I double click the little printer icon, it opens my printer, and says there is a document for print, but that it is stopped? I don't stop it, so why is it stopped? I end up clicking on cancel document, because it never does anything? Anyone have any ideas?

utnik

Re: Scribus and Printing?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 07:37:07 am »
hi jhamond987

direct printing is not the standard procedure with scribus – and it doesn't work on all systems.
the usual way is to export a .pdf file and print it from a .pdf viewer.

utnik

mnawij

• Scribus User
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 01:16:04 am »
Hey jhamond987,

I would check out:  https://openclipart.org/  it has a good and growing selection of svg graphics.  There are a few more free websites for graphics, but I am not on my home computer with the saved bookmarks!  Maybe some other Scribus members here could recommend some, maybe they even have a dedicated post somewhere on this board.

Regards,

mnawij

Nermander

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 08:22:58 pm »
Not sure about the forums, but there is a page in the wiki.
https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Useful_Free_Resources