custom colors for text broken in 1.5.4

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymund

Hi, I recently upgraded to 1.5.4 on Manjaro Linux running the 4.14.70-1 LTS kernel. I opened a file created under a previous version of Scribus that had some custom colors for text fill and shadow. Those custom colors appear normal in existing text objects. When I created a new text object and tried to apply the same custom colors, the application of the colors failed, and the text fill and shadow are both white.

I attach an image. The words "TO ALL" are original, with custom black and blue. The letters "CON" should have the same custom black and blue, but instead appear white.

I created new custom colors with the same RGB settings as the prior ones using the Edit > Colors and Fills > Add dialogue box. The new custom colors also failed to be applied to the new text object.

I've activated color management in both File > Preferences and File > Document Setup. After doing so, applying both the earlier custom colors and the new custom colors also fails.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mnawij

Hello Raymund, could you please attach your scribus file to look at, to see if the same problem(s) occur on other scribus apps?  Thanks!

mnawij

Raymund

Hi mnwaij,

Here's the scribus file.

utnik

hi raymund

the colors are the same, but in the lower line the saturation is set to 0%.

utnik

Raymund

Hi utnik,

Thanks, that solved the problem.

For anyone else with this text saturation problem, I could only fix it by selecting text in the text box, going to Text Properties (or F3), and changing the saturation to 100%. I was unable to change the saturation in Story Editor. IDK if that's a Linux-only issue or if it would apply to other platforms too.