Bleeds?

Previous topic - Next topic

jack0408

Hi, so basically I'm doing a children's book for a client. My client's printer said there's no bleed marks, but I have them set up in the document settings. However, my images seem to overlap (?) the marks. What am I doing wrong or misunderstanding? I am using version 1.4.7. on windows. I've attached some screenshots.

[attachment deleted by admin]

a.l.e

from the screenshot you seem to have correctly defined the bleeds.

when exporting the pdf, did you check the "Bleed Marks" checkbox in the Pre-Press tab?

ciao
a.l.e

jack0408

yes, I did. When it's exported and opened in adobe acrobat, this is what it looks like (just one of the pages) in case maybe there's another issue I may have done wrong?

[attachment deleted by admin]

a.l.e

... well, jack, ...  is see the crop marks in there...

have you tried to send the screenshot to the printer (with a new pdf where you know the crop marks are there... maybe you have sent the wrong pdf... things happen...)?

ciao
a.l.e

Nermander

Maybe the printer does not have a PDF viewer that supports true bleed, but expects the bleed to be inside the trim box?

(It seems very strange though, in that case it must not be a very professional printer.)

jack0408

I have no idea...my job in this situation is to create the artwork and pdfs, then my client takes care of the rest. A friend of mine also did a very similar job with this client and was able to get it done. The difference here is that my friend had used inDesign, but I don't have access to it outside of college (and my school schedule is already fairly busy), hence why I decided to go with scribus. But yeah, it seems like the printer requires that bleed inside the trim box.

jack0408

Quote from: a.l.e on September 05, 2018, 08:32:48 AM
... well, jack, ...  is see the crop marks in there...

have you tried to send the screenshot to the printer (with a new pdf where you know the crop marks are there... maybe you have sent the wrong pdf... things happen...)?

ciao
a.l.e

I would, but I don't directly have contact with the printer. Only my client does, and from emails my client has forwarded to me it seems like there's fees for just submitting files to them. Since I'm a freshman college student, I don't want to pay for things if I can help it :p but regardless, I double checked all my files before sending them to my client. I've triple or 4x checked at this point, really.