Is possible export on sribus-ng files with old version?

Previous topic - Next topic

pcpress

Hi, community.

Yesterday i've received a file that was make it with scribus-ng. I use the Scribus stable version and i can't open that file. I decided resend the file for the other person export the file to an old version, but he tell me that no exist that option, that is true? Is or no possible export on sribus-ng files with old version?

Thanks.

Nermander

Yes, the developers don't want to spend time to try to make it possible to save into older version formats. Newer versions can open files from older versions, but not save in the old version formats.

While it is understandable why such a function would be nice to have, it is very hard to write such a function. Newer versions have features that cannot be saved in older version formats.

Since the Scribus file format is XML based it would be possible for someone to write a converter that can convert from newer versions to older. But nobody has yet written such a converter as far as I know.

utnik

Quote from: Nermander on September 01, 2018, 09:19:26 AM...But nobody has yet written such a converter as far as I know.

well, someone did it!
julius from the german scribus forum created this script.

utnik

pcpress

Quote from: utnik on September 01, 2018, 04:27:54 PM

well, someone did it!
julius from the german scribus forum created this script.

utnik

This is a partial solution, but at least works! ;) Something features are broken but i have a pdf of the same file so i can review. Thank you so much!