Image inserts upside down

Previous topic - Next topic

natalieben

When I get an image from the computer, it is inserting upside down.

Trying to use Item/Transform/Rotate 180 degrees (or any other value), the box jumps off the page and the image disappears.

I downloaded Gimp to try to edit the image that way, but although I have it open on the computer, Scribus claims it is not installed when I try to edit the image.

Feeling a little frustrated - all help appreciated!!

a.l.e

can you please share one of the images?

you probably see an "an automatically corrected" preview in your file manager and the real up side down image in scribus...

mnawij

Hi natalieben,

See my attached image of preferences and make sure your path is pointed to where gimp.exe is installed on your computer.  I'm using Scribus 1.5 and a Mac so you will have to find a corresponding MS Windows dialog.  This should allow scribus to open gimp.

Next see my basepoint attachment.  If the black dot is in the middle of the tic tac toe grid in the XYZ properties dialog for a lack of better term, the image frame should rotate in place and not jump around on the artboard.

As for why the image is being placed upside down, I have to admit that has me stumped.  As a.l.e. mentioned, could you please upload one of the images that are importing upside down for us to try...

Cheers!

mnawij

[attachment deleted by admin]

LesCM19

My image editor Faststone displays images right way up every time, don't ask me how it does this, so when images are imported they can sometimes look rotated but are actually the way they are!

The reason the images disappear off the Scribus doc when rotated it s coz of the rotation point. By default it is one of the corners, change it to the central spot (you'll see all the coordinates change for the frame) and it will spin on the spot.
cheers

Les