Multiple documents visible?

Previous topic - Next topic

scmooney

I am running Scribus 1.4.7 on Mac OSX 10.13. I would like to open two Scribus documents side-by-side. After opening one, I can resize the window, but when I open the other it just opens on top of the first one and I don't know how to separate them. If I maximize the window, and then select Windows > Tile, it shows the documents side-by-side the way I want to see them. But then if I click into one, it expands into the full window and other one disappears. I would like to see them both at all times so I can refer to one while working on the other. Is there a way to do that?

dragonfly

From your post I have just learned about the Windows > Tile feature.
In my Ubuntu 16.04 this dual window tiling seems to work for me.

[Added note]
Do you get the same effect using Windows > Cascade?
Of course you need to resize each Scribus window in Cascade window.

scmooney

Thanks, dragonfly. Yes, I tried Windows > Cascade. I think there is a bug in Scribus. I think I should be able to click and drag the titlebar of each open document and reposition it. But I cannot. Since my original post I did get this to work, but I am not sure what I did to overcome the bug. If I right-click on the document titlebar, at first I get nothing. But after I maximize the document, then when I right-click a menu opens up and I can see the <move> and <size> options, but they are gray and not active. I can re-size the window with the handle in the lower-right corner, but I cannot reposition it. After doing some re-sizing and also a couple of <restore>, then -- lo and behold -- now I can click and drag and reposition and resize, and now I can get two documents open and visible side-by-side without either of them disappearing. I think I should be able to do this immediately upon opening the documents, but it does not work. There must be a bug.