Won't show as a PDF

Previous topic - Next topic

WHYz

Hi, I'm a newbee, but I've been using Scribus now about 6-7 months.

Today, I began to print the bulletin (per my usual on Friday mornings), and I saved my doc. as a PDF. When I went to Adobe Acrobat Reader to print, it was blank. When I went back to see how the doc. looks in Scribus, it looked fine....until I checked out the Preview Mode. Everything disappeared. Any clues to what has happened, and how to undo it?

As a side note: I have recently been working on creating some shortcuts. One of the short cuts was for the preview mode. But I have since removed that shortcut in case that was the problem. It wasn't.Could any of the other shortcuts? (view 200% was one)
If U can't see the silver lining, look harder!

utnik

hi whyz   

first take a look at the 'layers' palette – you might have disabled the layer for printing.   

utnik

WHYz

Could that have been possible if I can see it all in Scribus? Well, I looked, just the same, and all layers were marked as visible.

utnik

Quote from: WHYz on June 23, 2018, 12:33:40 AM...I looked, just the same, and all layers were marked as visible.
...yes, visible but not printable, i suspect! (which means not exported to the .pdf file and invisible when in preview mode...)   

utnik

WHYz

Is that fixable? I no longer need the Sabbath one, but I basically keep most of the info in the doc. and only make some changes to it each week, so I'm pretty interested in any help with that!

utnik

hi whyz     

i've missed your question – sorry!
if my assumption is right, all you have to do is to check the print box in the 'layers' palette.if this doesn't help, it will be hard to see whats going wrong without access to the .sla file.       

utnik

Nermander

Just to clarify.

Scribus has two options for layers. Visible and Printable. They can be used in any combination.

Layer is not visible but prints (ends up in PDF but does not show on screen in Scribus)
Layer is visible but does not print (does not end up in PDF, but is shown on screen in Scribus)
Layer is visible and prints (ends up in PDF and is shown on screen in Scribus)
Layer is not visible and does not print (does not end up in PDF or show on screen in Scribus).