How to find (and open) files location ?

Previous topic - Next topic

enzogian

Hello,
I wonder if there is a way to find the folder where a placed file is saved (or even opening) an image or graphic file placed in the Scribus layout. I am trying to migrate projects I use to do in InDesign, these projects are plenty of folders and many times (while designing the layout) I need to add new elements or photos to that particular folder where the images have been taken from.. the project is plenty of folders and sub-folders of many different subjects and topics etc.. so, having to look manually for the folder where the images have been taken is quite a pain (so to speak) ..

I wonder if Scribus has some sort of method or similar way to do this as in Indesign I used to use a feature in that simply shows (from a links list) and even allows to OPEN  the folder where the placed image is located .. so I could go directly to that particular folder in order to add any new elements or items as needed...
(hope it makes sense)

PS: Not sure if these capabilities are related to the fact I'm running Scibus (1.5.4) on Windows 10 ??

Many thanks and regards,

RodneyLee

you can use "Collect for Output" under file, it will put all photo's etc. that are being used in one folder

a.l.e

ciao enzo

i don't think that what you are describing is a workflow that i would recommend.
copying all the images i use (sometimes excluding some "standard" logo) has proven to be a more work at the beginning, but much more pleasant when i consider the whole lifetime of the project.

still, i agree that scribus should be able to show the directory where the image is located and there is very little missing to enable it.

first: you can do that, but it's not comfortable:

- extras > manage images.
- click on the seach button.
- copy the path you have in "start at".
- paste the path in your file manager's "go to" command.

but, really, if this is easier than going through your files, than you should probably reconsider your workflow and/or the way you're managing your images...

second: i've created a patch that adds a button in the images manager:

https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15349

we will see if it will be accepted...

ciao
a.l.e

[attachment deleted by admin]

enzogian

Quote from: a.l.e on June 05, 2018, 04:17:01 PM
ciao enzo

i don't think that what you are describing is a workflow that i would recommend.
copying all the images i use (sometimes excluding some "standard" logo) has proven to be a more work at the beginning, but much more pleasant when i consider the whole lifetime of the project.

??????????