Does anyone else use Scribus with a global menu on Linux? Weird issue with menus

Previous topic - Next topic

NathanUp

I'm wondering if anyone else here uses Scribus with a global menu. I'm running it on EndeavourOS + KDE Plasma using a global menu, and I have a strange issue where menu dropdowns simply stop working after working for a while. To resolve the issue, I have to close and re-launch Scribus.
EndeavourOS | Down with Adobe!

PatJr

AdmFubar

Wasnt sure about this, so i activated the global menu and started scribus.
This global menu doesnt seem ready for primetime. Had issues with scribus and waterfox as soon as it started. This probably needs more fine tuning before it will work without issues in all deployments of kde.

And yes it is a kde thing... it puts the application menu on a toolbar at the top of the screen like one finds in gnome.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

NathanUp

Quote from: AdmFubar on September 02, 2023, 10:32:51 PMThis global menu doesnt seem ready for primetime.

I've been using it daily for a few years now; with librewolf, I don't get a menu at all, I have the issue with Scribus, and there used to be an Inkscape bug that caused problems with it (now fixed) but those are the only issues I've had with it in all that time.
EndeavourOS | Down with Adobe!