Chaining Text Frames?

Previous topic - Next topic

IDN101

Is it safe to say that it's probably a good idea not to use the Text Frame Chaining tool if you don't need to????

I'm putting together a large ebook composed of a lot of separate "Units". (it's a software tutorial manual)

I am creating the Units as individual .sla files- and then going to bring them all together (Import) into a Master Document.
When I have tried importing a .sla file that has linked text frames- some of the text flow worked and the rest didn't - seem to be where the chain was between pages.

When I bring in a .sla file with no linking- all frames (text and images) come in just fine.

I think (to be on the safe side) I'll just stay well away from chaining the frames????

Many thanks

a.l.e

text frame chains are fine, but they should not be too long...

IDN101

Thanks for this.

Any ideas as to why text may not flow between frames when the pages are imported into a host .sla?

They work absolutely fine in the 'child' sla documents- but break (or some do) when Imported into the 'parent' .sla file.

Thanks once again

a.l.e

i could import two chained text frames from an external file with a somehow recent scribus 1.5.4

which version are you using?

IDN101