Problems pdf

Previous topic - Next topic

antonio.scacco

This is the result from printing to pdf. Why the white margin? there was not in Scribus 1.3.3.14

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nermander

utnik

hello antonio

what do you mean with: "printing to pdf"?
did you generate this file with: 'file' → 'export' → 'save as pdf' or with: 'file' → 'print' – and then you selected an external pdf-writer?

utnik

antonio.scacco

Quote from: utnik on November 13, 2011, 10:35:42 AM
hello antonio

what do you mean with: "printing to pdf"?
did you generate this file with: 'file' → 'export' → 'save as pdf' or with: 'file' → 'print' – and then you selected an external pdf-writer?

utnik

hello utnik

(sorry for my english: i am italian)

I mean

'file' → 'export' → 'save as pdf'

an example of the review (with Scribus 1.3.3.14) is in
http://issuu.com/antonio.scacco/docs/numero_14_2011?mode=window&viewMode=doublePage

utnik

hello antonio

if you exported it as a pdf, it looks as if you checked the box: 'clip to printer margins' ('solo entro margini stampante') - could that be the problem?

utnik

Nermander

I once again ask: Have you set bleeds or not? It looks as if you are using bleeds.

a.l.e

ciao antonio

on top of all the hints you're getting to try to solve your problem, i'd like to ask you to add your work to the list of success stories with scribus...

wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Success_stories_2011

have a nice day
a.l.e

utnik

Quote from: a.l.e on November 14, 2011, 02:51:15 PM...ask you to add your work to the list of success stories with scribus...

...yes, but with a more sensible picture management, if possible. most of the pictures are scaled with different values for x and y dimensions...

utnik

antonio.scacco

Quote from: utnik on November 13, 2011, 12:40:04 PM
hello antonio

if you exported it as a pdf, it looks as if you checked the box: 'clip to printer margins' ('solo entro margini stampante') - could that be the problem?

utnik

No, the problem remains

utnik

i don't understand, what happens – could you upload a sla and a pdf file somewhere? (one page is enough...)
i would take a look at it and try to solve the mistery...

utnik

antonio.scacco

Quote from: utnik on November 15, 2011, 09:15:16 PM
i don't understand, what happens – could you upload a sla and a pdf file somewhere? (one page is enough...)

utnik

ok, utnik. Today i try.
In any case, the print settings are the same as the version 1.3.3.16.
The sla files is the same.
The virtual printer is "pdf creator".

boohhh   ???

good morning
antonio

a.l.e

ciao antonio,

if you're doing everything correctly, scribus is not using your virtual printer but its own pdf creation library...
you seem to use "file > export > save as pdf" so it should be correct...

i also wonder where the problem is...

ciao
a.l.e

antonio.scacco

Quote from: utnik on November 15, 2011, 09:15:16 PM

utnik

hi utnik

Sending files created with scribus 1.3.3.14 sla
there are pictures and photos

a greeting

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hello antonio

as nermander suspected, it's a bleed issue.

in 'file' → 'document setup' → 'pdf export' → 'pre-press' ('file' → 'impostazioni documento' → 'pdf export' → 'pre-press') i found the settings you see in my screenshot. if you set the bleeds to '0' the pdf will be ok.

utnik

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

btw: i recommend to use scribus 1.4.0rc6 instead of the outdated 1.3.3.14!

antonio.scacco

Quote from: utnik on November 20, 2011, 01:29:32 PM
hello antonio

as nermander suspected, it's a bleed issue.

in 'file' → 'document setup' → 'pdf export' → 'pre-press' ('file' → 'impostazioni documento' → 'pdf export' → 'pre-press') i found the settings you see in my screenshot. if you set the bleeds to '0' the pdf will be ok.

utnik

ok utnik, however in this last version reflected a lot of other problems

a