Properties > text > styles

Previous topic - Next topic

catteau

I keep seeing instructions to apply styles by following "Properties > text > styles"

My version of scribus (1.4.6 on OSX) does not have a styles option within properties>text.  Is that my version?  I'm really confused! 

I don't seem to be able to insert an image here (insert image button above gives me html code img - /img - but I think it wants a URL for the image, I don't seem to be able to upload an image here).  So what I see in properties> text is five rows of stuff to set the font and font size, followed by a box for setting columns and their width and spacing, and within that box, another box labeled "Tabulators".   That's it.  I've clicked on everything I can find within Properties to see if it might be elsewhere, but I don't see any option to select styles.

I have found the menus to set styles through Edit > text > styles, but I'm baffled as to why everyone else seems to have it in Properties as well.

Thanks!

catteau

utnik

hi catteau
Quote from: catteau on April 11, 2018, 06:55:20 PMMy version of scribus (1.4.6 on OSX) does not have a styles option within properties>text.  Is that my version?

a screenshot might help
QuoteI don't seem to be able to insert an image here (insert image button above gives me html code img - /img - but I think it wants a URL for the image...

try 'attachments and other options' below the input frame.

utnik

GarryP

Some extra things on top of what utnik suggests:
* Where did you get your copy of Scribus from, and how did you install it?
* Please go to menu "Help -> About Scribus", copy the text at the bottom of the dialog (starting with "Scribus Version" and going all the way to the end of the text), and paste it into your reply.

catteau

GarryP and utnik, T=thanks for your comments.  Now I see how to attach the screenshot - and somehow I also found where the menus are for both styles and colors in the properties window!  Problems solved!