Selecting all for a pdf

Previous topic - Next topic

WHYz

Hi, I am making a multi-page booklet that I'm needing to save as a pdf in order to print it correctly. However, I don't want to go to every single page and "select all" to each of them as it seems I must (I'd show the view if I knew how to put it on this msg). I'm sure many of you know a short cut since I can't imagine you having to do it to a book. Please help, if you can. (TAIA)
If U can't see the silver lining, look harder!

mnawij

WHYz

Screenshot to show the view you mention?  Which OS are you using and which version of Scribus?  I am confused, do you mean imposition of the pages after you create the pdf?

Regards,

mnawij

WHYz

I am using WIN 10, Firefox Quantum 58.0.1, and Scribus 1.4.8. I have saved the screen shot as a .jpg (and .png).

utnik

hi whyz

your posts aren't easy to understand (at least not for me...)
if you really mean 'imposition' (booklet reorder), you should export your work as a .pdf file and process the resulting file in a simple .pdf handler.
i use 'jpdftweak' for such tasks (hope it works with win 10...)

utnik

WHYz

utnik, I am so sorry I'm making this confusing. I'm afraid it's due to my being confused about this! I'll try to be more clear:
1. I am making a phone directory (about 14 pages).
2. I "select all"; I was told to save as a pdf, I 1st must do a "select all." Is that not true? but that will only select the currant page---I would like to be able to "select all" for all the pages at once; is that possible? 

Here is a screen shoot of what I get when I hit CTR+[shift]+a:

[attachment deleted by admin]

mnawij

WHYz, if I understand you correctly,

You do not have to "select all" before creating a .pdf file.

File -> Export -> Save as PDF and select the options in the dialog box that meet your requirements.

mnawij

RodneyLee

I am doing a 44 page phone booklet,  I just export as PDF,  works great

WHYz

THANKS to both of you! Someone else who creates .pdf's told me I had to "select all." I wondered a bit about it, but since it worked (when nothing else seemed to), I thought that was correct. I'm so glad I won't need to "select all" for every page!