Barlow solid

Previous topic - Next topic

micker

Hello i use scribus 1.5.3 on windows and linux
in windows i use barlow solid police all works
in linux i can't i have square .... only in scribus, in libreoffice all works ..
any idea ?

mnawij

Hello micker,

Could you please screenshot what you are having problems with, I am more of a visual person when dealing with font issues.

mnawij

micker

hello image is attached

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi micker

i just downloaded and tested 'barlow solid' – no problem in scribus 1.5.3 on macOS (but with 1.4.6 i get the red boxes...)
the font management tool reported an error in the syntax of the 'name' table of the font...

utnik

micker

yes working on windows 10
in linux doesn't work in scribus but font work on libreoffice

RodneyLee

I just installed Barlow using Typecatcher in Linuxmint 18.3 it worked perfectly in Scribus 1.5.3 (appimage), showed a ton of variations also, all seem to work (didn't test them all)

[attachment deleted by admin]

micker

Thanks for return i will try

mnawij

I can confirm that Barlow installed and worked in Linux Mint with Typecatcher in Scribus 1.5.3 as RodneyLee posted.  I will have to spin up a virtual machine with Debian later and double check with that distro.

mnawij

micker

Ah i speak about barrow solid not barrow ...
could you test it ?

RodneyLee

micker

Barlow solid sorry
But Barlow existe too
Only Barlow solid doesnt works on scribus

utnik

hi micker

my test was with 'barlow solid' – but on a mac...

utnik

micker

Yes me on Windows and it works too.....

mnawij

micker, sorry I will not be able to try the font in linux until next week... final exams, arrgghh.  But if it is a syntax error, I usually open the font in font forge or other font editor and then resave it as ttf or otf and reinstall the new version and it works 70% of the time...

cheers,

mnawij

RodneyLee

I just checked and I see no option for "Barlow Solid", grabing a free Barlow Solid from https://www.wfonts.com/font/barlow-solid, got nothing but squares :(