Where: do I change doc default font size?

Previous topic - Next topic

deonholt

Hi.

I need to work with 15pt font size. I have changed that in Scribus default.

BUT, the moment I insert a text box and start typing, it is 12pt. Where can I change this?

Thank you so long.

GarryP

Which "default" did you change and where did you change it?

Document Setup only changes the current document's settings while Preferences changes the settings for future documents and not the current one.

One caveat to this is that the text size in Document Setup - Tools / Text / Size - doesn't really do anything as the default text size is controlled by the Default Character Style which is created when the document is created and not automatically changed when you change the Document Setup setting.

Does this help?

deonholt

Quote from: GarryP on March 09, 2018, 01:26:15 PM
One caveat to this is that the text size in Document Setup - Tools / Text / Size - doesn't really do anything as the default text size is controlled by the Default Character Style which is created when the document is created and not automatically changed when you change the Document Setup setting.

Does this help?
I think this part of your question explains it. Document was created with 12pt and I only changed it later.

Thank you for your help.

GarryP

You're welcome.

I don't know if this issue is a bug or something that's just been overlooked.

a.l.e

i've opened this ticket early this week: https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15179

the value in the preferences does something (setting the values for the default styles in the document you will create in the future), the ones in the document setup probably do nothing.
i'll add a note in the ticket linked above.