Eliminating Gutter Allowance

Previous topic - Next topic

Farland

So this is probably a very easy fix, but it is really frustrating me.  I've been working off a template, and now I want to export my PDF for digital use.  But I can't figure out a way to delete the gutter allowance (the white strip on the inside of each page). I am sure it's an easy fix but I can't find it.  Can anyone help?

Farland

Here is the .sla file I am using (minus all the content).

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi farland

this isn't a gutter issue – your image frames end 1/8" inside of the edges of your pages.

utnik

Farland

Thanks Utnik.  So instead of redoing 197 pages of images, is there an easy way to fix this and create an 8.5x11 pdf?

utnik

hi farland

Quote from: Farland on March 08, 2018, 05:33:16 PM...is there an easy way to fix this and create an 8.5x11 pdf?

i fear you have to do it the hard way – but as some of the images are on master pages, it's not really 197 times the same boring task...

utnik

Farland

Thanks again.  I guess what confuses me is that I made my images to be 8.5 inches wide and the ruler across the top indicates that I'm working with 8.625".  I was hoping I could somehow change a setting to make it actually 8.5".  Did that make sense?

utnik

Quote from: Farland on March 08, 2018, 07:13:38 PM...what confuses me is that I made my images to be 8.5 inches wide and the ruler across the top indicates that I'm working with 8.625".

you're working with a page width of 8.5" and 0.125" of outer bleeds – and the images are set to the bleeds (as usual) but are just 8.5" wide (not enough to fill the bleeds and the full page...)

utnik

Farland

Sorry if I am sounding dense.  If I print for a digital pdf is there a way to adjust the size of the page just down to 8.5 so as not to show the outer bleed at all on the pdf? I guess I am a bit confused; sorry if you already addressed this.

utnik

Quote from: Farland on March 08, 2018, 07:52:26 PM...is there a way to adjust the size of the page just down to 8.5 so as not to show the outer bleed at all on the pdf?

of course you can cut off the bleeds ('save as pdf' → 'pre-press' → 'bleed settings') – but in your case this will cut off the part of the images in the bleed area and not rearrange the images to fill the trim box (final page size).

utnik

Farland