Dupe styled objects = dupe styles!

Previous topic - Next topic

inkuser

When I first saw this I thought, "What the!?!"

Then I thought.."could be powerful"

Then I thought: "how do you tell which copy of the style belongs to which objects?"

How DO you?

Thank you!

utnik

hi inkuser

what are you talking about?

utnik

inkuser

in working with the document I'm developing in Scribus, I've noticed that I will suddenly have multiple copies of the same style sheet, eg: 

Body
Body (1)
Body (2)
Body (3)

I can get rid of (1) through (4) by selecting them all, clicking "Delete" and (usually) I get to choose which style to replace the deleted instance with.

Might this be an experimental feature? I am using 1.4.6...

GarryP

I've seen this loads of times but I have no idea why it happens. If you keep on top of it and delete/replace as you have done then it's not a major issue, just a weird thing that Scribus does.

There are various Mantis tickets about duplicate styles which say that the problems is fixed but the problem is still there so it looks like we just have to put up with it.

P.S. They're called "Styles", not "Style Sheets". A "Style Sheet" would be a different thing.

a.l.e

If you have a document where you can replicate this issue after having closed and reopened it, please share it on https://bugs.scribus.net !
most of all if it happens with 1.5.3.

peraonally, i've not experienced any issue with duplicating styles for a long time... but i still would love it, if scribus did not use internally the names that are shown to the users (and can be modified by them... but the team seems not to have any interest in making the change).

inkuser

The document it's happening on is a work document and I'm not at liberty to share it, also, it doesn't always happen..only when I'm not looking.

The thing is...if this is a bug, I can truly see how it could be useful, but only if the user can have input...for example, if she/he holds a modifier key while duplicating an objects, then all of the styles in that object would be duplicated as well; else, styles are not duplicated.

GarryP

This is a tricky issue to replicate.

As I said above, I've seen it a lot but I only notice it when I open the Style Manager (not a regular thing once my styles have been created) so I don't know when - during all of the changes I make - it actually happens.

If I remember, the next time I get it I will close the document and re-open it to see if the duplicates disappear. At least that will give a bit more information for bug-tracking.