Adding Pages

Previous topic - Next topic

LesCM19

I need to insert some single pages here and there. I was hoping not to have to do this as the last time I did this I had to add two pages or the L & R pages got fouled up...or am I doing something wrong?
cheers

Les

a.l.e

... probably, yes...

if you have facing pages, you should care if the content is on the left or right side...

so, you should not have facing pages or you should always add an even number of pages...

if you just don't care, your current job might be better done in libreoffice...

tosca

You should remain consistent with your choice of document:
- if it is "simple page" (page simple in the french interface) you can insert whatever number of pages wherever you like
- but if you're in a "pages en regard" (sorry, I don't know the equivalent in the english interface) you should pay attention so left and right pages don't go on the wrong side! So always add/delete pages in even numbers and in the right places.

GarryP

As has been said above, if you have a double-sided, 3-fold or 4-fold document, you should add and remove pages by 2's, 3's or 4's respectively.

It might help to think about it like this: If you remove one page from a double-sided document you are effectively removing one side of the sheet of paper - or even just part of one side - and that's not something that you can do in reality.

You can add/remove single pages - and Scribus allows this because it's being flexible - but you shouldn't.

Always add/remove the number of pages that make up a "physical unit".

LesCM19

Thanks all.
I was hoping there was a way of getting Scribus to shuffle everything along by one page. Not to worry. If I end up with a blank page somewhere I'll stick some eye candy in.
cheers

Les