Standard paper sizes

Previous topic - Next topic

Dogil

The Document Setup dialog only has A4, Letter and Custom. I would like to see all A, B and C formats here. Is it possible?

GarryP

1.4.6 on Windows - and Mac and Linux, if memory serves correctly -  comes with dozens of standard paper sizes built-in, including A, B and C.
Which version of Scribus are you using - on which OS - and where did you get it from?

utnik

hi dogil

as garry said, scribus 1.4.6 shows you the whole lot of paper sizes (too many...) – in scribus 1.5.3 you select in 'preferences'  → 'page sizes' what you like to see when creating a new file. (my scribus shows seven A and three C sizes – that's al i need...)

utnik

Dogil

Quote from: GarryP on February 11, 2018, 05:14:47 PM
1.4.6 on Windows - and Mac and Linux, if memory serves correctly -  comes with dozens of standard paper sizes built-in, including A, B and C.
Which version of Scribus are you using - on which OS - and where did you get it from?

I'm on Scribus Version 1.5.4.svn from the nightly PPA

utnik

Quote from: Dogil on February 11, 2018, 05:43:07 PMI'm on Scribus Version 1.5.4.svn from the nightly PPA

works the same way as i wrote for 1.5.3.

utnik

Dogil

Quote from: utnik on February 11, 2018, 05:26:45 PM
hi dogil

as garry said, scribus 1.4.6 shows you the whole lot of paper sizes (too many...) – in scribus 1.5.3 you select in 'preferences'  → 'page sizes' what you like to see when creating a new file. (my scribus shows seven A and three C sizes – that's al i need...)

utnik

Fantastic. I was looking for exactly this.

GarryP

If this is the direction that Scribus will be taking in the future, I would like to suggest that a "More..." option is added to the end of the truncated drop-down list to allow the user to temporarily expand the list to show all of the available choices.

This would help to prevent users from thinking that the only possible choices were those that are in the truncated list without having to - somehow - guess that they needed to go into Preferences. Otherwise, new users - or users that don't regularly rummage around in the application preferences - might think that the truncated list was all that was available. The fact that the OP has asked the question shows this has been the case in at least one instance.

If this, or something like it, is not done, Scribus will look less capable to a casual user or reviewer than it actually is.