Pages Invisible

Previous topic - Next topic

JuJuRaxy

Hello
I am new to Scribus, running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and Scribus Version 1.4.6.
I cannot see any pages but asked to save when I exit, so they must be there.
Found this page but its a bit old and I cannot find the file on my machine it suggests editing: http://forums.scribus.net/index.php?topic=494.0
thanks for your time, any help appreciated!

utnik

hi jujuraxy

the file is still at the same place – just checked it on a machine wich runs on high sierra (macOS 10.13).
as i wrote in reply#5 of the thread you linked, you may need to make the 'library' visible.

utnik

JuJuRaxy

Thanks Utnik.
In the end, I edited the file and because it didn't like the edits, it reloaded the default, which ironically fixed the problem.
Since i use a Thurderbolt monitor at work, does this mean I will always have a problem if I move between 2 monitors and 1 monitor?

JuJuRaxy

And what I presume to be another similar issue, I cannot seem to see the tool palette/window when it is turned on.
I haven't used Scribus before, I am a long time InDesign user, so perhaps it doesn't have an equivalent for the InDesign tool palette?
Thanks again

utnik

hi jujuraxy

in scribus it's a toolbar (not a box like in the adobe programs).
by default the different toolbars are on the upper edge of the main window. but you can just grab and pull them to a better place (or close some of them in the 'windows' menu)...

utnik

JuJuRaxy

Unfortunately they are not there at all regardless if I turn them on or off. Might this be another window position thing?
Thanks for your help!