Changing orientation of page

Previous topic - Next topic

WHYz

Hi, I am currently making a document that I first set to "landscape." After doing a few things, I realized I needed to make it "portrait." However, it's not changing.

I went to Document Set-up and changed the orientation there(in Document), I clicked to apply it, and then clicked OK. Nothing. Then I went to Preferences and tried there. I went to Document and switched the orientation; I clicked Apply, then OK. Once again there was no change.

I'm hoping I won't need to make a new document and do it all over. So, do I need to?  ???
If U can't see the silver lining, look harder!

utnik

hi whyz

'document setup' is the right place to change those settings. but you need to tell scribus what parts of the document should be affected. (check the boxes to 'apply changes to all pages' and/or '...to all master pages'...)

utnik

WHYz

I'm not sure what you mean by "what parts" I want to change the orientation of. I want the entire document in landscape. Being in a hurry (as I tend to be sometimes), I just started over and made a new document. In fact, I thought I had deleted this post since the question was moot as soon as I made a new one. But since it IS still here, can someone figure why that happened? (I actually figure it was a hiccup from Scribus since it sometimes closes in the midst of my doing something in there.)  :)

utnik

hi whyz

as long as you don't check any of the two boes i mentioned in my first post, your change to landscape will only affect new master pages (and document pages which are based on those new master pages).
a scribus document can contain a mix of different page formats. that's why you need to tell scribus to apply your changes to the existing document pages or to all master pages or to both of them.

utnik

GarryP

It's important to note here that changing the orientation of the pages or changing the page sizes will not change the locations of the items on the pages. It's not like a responsive web page where everything automatically moves around to cope.

You will have to manually modify the layout of every page to cope with the new orientation/sizes.
This is why it is very important to make sure you have the right page size and orientation at the start.

WHYz

Thanks for the help, but I'm just not sure U understood my problem. Well, I again had that problem, and did a search to find the answer. (I had started a document and not realized it was in landscape; I needed it in portrait.) Here is the simple solution: After making the whole thing and then trying to C/P all I did to bring a copy to the right side, I went to PAGE/Manage Page Properties, and there I changed the orientation to Portrait...AND IT CHANGED!! YEA!