PDF Export Bleed Settings

Previous topic - Next topic

24Peter

I am creating an 8.5" w x 11" h book in Scribus 1.4.6 for POD with IngramSpark. My bleed settings in the Document tab of the Document Setup menu are Inside 0.0000", top/bottom/outside 0.1250". These are the correct bleed settings as my final output should be 8.625" x 11.25"

I recently activated Color Management so I could export to PDF/X-1a. Previously when I exported to PDF on the Pre-Press tab of the PDF Export dialog under the Bleed Settings there was a check box to use document settings. That check box is gone and now all I have are Top, Bottom, Left and Right. They defaulted to 0.1250" and when I output the PDF was 8.75" x 11.25" and all my images were off. Do I just zero out the Left bleed setting to conform to the Document bleed settings? I notice the left bleed margin is gone but it looks like the layout has remained intact.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I see "Use Document Bleeds" in the actual Save>As dialog, but not in the PDF Export tab of the Document Setup dialog. Exporting now...

utnik

hi peter

you may (accidentally) have switched from a double page document to single pages. that's why you see 'left' and 'right' instead of 'inside' and 'outside'.

Quote from: 24Peter on February 08, 2018, 05:08:28 AMI see "Use Document Bleeds" in the actual Save>As dialog, but not in the PDF Export tab of the Document Setup dialog.

of course you don't tell scribus to use the values from the 'document setup' as part of the 'document setup'...

utnik

24Peter

Quote from: utnik on February 08, 2018, 01:09:49 PM
hi peter

you may (accidentally) have switched from a double page document to single pages. that's why you see 'left' and 'right' instead of 'inside' and 'outside'.

Quote from: 24Peter on February 08, 2018, 05:08:28 AMI see "Use Document Bleeds" in the actual Save>As dialog, but not in the PDF Export tab of the Document Setup dialog.

of course you don't tell scribus to use the values from the 'document setup' as part of the 'document setup'...

utnik

Still Double Page in the Document Setup where I also see Inside, Outside, Top, Bottom.  It's only in the PDF Export tab of the Document Setup where it is Left Right. When I actually Export the PDF the Save dialog has the option to Use Document Bleeds, so all is well.