Why is Scribus 1.5.3 changing chosen font?

Previous topic - Next topic

TSRalex

Using version 1.5.3 at some (!!) text objects the chosen font is changed by Scribus automatically, at some other the selected font stays OK.

At all objects the Text-Editor was used and font "Ottawa Bold" (or sometimes "Ottawa Plain") was chosen. Opening the Text-Editor again the font has changed to "A028 Extrabold Regular"!  :o

Any idea about or a solution for? Thank you very much!

RodneyLee

I posted a similar issue, My default font is times and works perfect if its a 1.5.3 NEW document, when I use an 1.5.2 or earlier document in 1.5.3,  if I highlight text right to left it mostly stays default, if I go left to right I get Ariel
I have fixed by using styles or highlighting correctly (long as I don't go past last character it works) Style began to crash on me so I stopped that for now, I also found highlighting and starting ti type in desired font name make fixing easy

TSRalex

Quote from: RodneyLee on January 18, 2018, 04:06:18 PM
I posted a similar issue, My default font is times and works perfect if its a 1.5.3 NEW document, ....

My document is a new one, created in 1.5.3

Quote from: RodneyLee on January 18, 2018, 04:06:18 PM
..... if I highlight text right to left it mostly stays default, if I go left to right I get Ariel

I´ll try to verify that the next days - thanks for your input!

TSRalex

Viewing the .sla with Notepad++ I found out, that the "A028... font" was defined as "subset".

I deleted the line and changed all other entries  "A028... font" to "Ottawa regular" (search & replace).