Matching colors used in other apps?

Previous topic - Next topic

inkuser

I am recreating a graphic element - a shape - that I created in Inkscape,  and doing it in Scribus using Scribus' tools.

I copied the color recipes (RGB) exactly but they look darker than in Inkscape. I double-checked that everything is RGB.

Is there something else I can do to get Scribus colors to match the same ones in the inkscape file? Same computer/same monitor.

Thank you!

GarryP

If you import the SVG, Scribus should create a new colour for each colour that is used in the SVG. You can delete the imported SVG - if you don't want it hanging around - but the colours should remain. You could otherwise try exporting from Inkscape to one of the formats supported by the "Import Colours" function on the "Colours" dialog and then importing just the colours using that function.

Once the colours are in Scribus - they should be copied exactly using either of the methods given - you can then look to see if there is a difference. If there is still a difference then more work will be needed to find out why. It could be one or more of any number of things.

Having said all that though, I am wondering why you are re-creating the graphic in Scribus rather than just importing it. Are you doing it for training/experience or was there a problem you are trying to circumvent? Of course it's entirely up to you why you're doing it, I'm just curious.