V1.5.3 Text Properties

Previous topic - Next topic

icrhodes1

Hi
I am new to Scribus having used Serif Pagemaker for a number of years. Changing mainly to have EPS options for sending to other design professionals. I find it strange not having docked control boxes, but when I get my second monitor operational it should help. I have a problem with text frame properties in this version, not having used the stable version, as I cannot see a Text option on the properties box? I have Drop, Shadow etc but no text. Is this a know bug in this version or is there a list of reported bugs anywhere to refer to. I like the new version because of it's layout and additional features, but feel I may have to revert to the stable version to get used to scribus first

utnik

hi

as a user of a development version, you should at least flip through the main menu items once – and i would suggest to read the release notes as well...
by checking either of them you'll find the new 'text properties' palette.

utnik

icrhodes1

Many thanks for the reply, I did run through the menu prior to start and tried to read any info I could find, but trying to take in so much info is going to take time. If the wiki on the release notes would have given the path for the new UI i.e. windows/text properties or F3 I would have found it. It is the same with loading GS files, a recommendation to load them first would have helped.

I fully appreciate the work the developers, contributors give freely to these projects and hope that I may be able to contribute once I become familiar with Scribus.

redtiger

This was causing me real greif as a new user. To overcome the line spacing being fixed I had resorted to using a textframe for each line. I checked the manuals and did not have the properties>text as it specified.
Checking updates I found reference to the new text properties but it did not say how to open them.

I hope this information will make scribus much easier for me as I find its function really useful.

The other thing I find a pain is the story editor. Why doesn't it work like a normal word processor. OK it is usable but just not user friendly.

utnik

hi redtiger
Quote from: redtiger on January 15, 2018, 01:05:12 PMThe other thing I find a pain is the story editor. Why doesn't it work like a normal word processor. OK it is usable but just not user friendly.

just don't use it!
edit your text either in a text editor before you place it in the scribus file – or direct in the frame...

utnik