Alternating pages in one document

Previous topic - Next topic

?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Lekhak

I want to print an article on my own printer on A4 paper to put in a A5 loose-leaf binder. Therefore I set up two A4 landscape pages. The first has page 1+3 (A5), and the second p 2+4, to print on the back of the first. Easy!
Now the left and right borders are assymetrical because the leaf-binder needs more room on the left side with the wholes.

In order to get the the text fluently in the text-frames I like to have my two A4 sample pages all in one document one under the other (NOT SIDE BY SIDE) with page numbers 1+3, 2+4, 5+7, 6+8. etc., all together maybe 15-20 (A5) pages.
As I said I have two perfect single pages for front and back but how do I get these continously alternating in one document?

Nermander

I would say you are doing things wrong from the start.

I would design the document with A5 pages.

Then I would export to PDF and use an impositioning tool to generate the sheets for printing.

In this simple case most likely the PDF viewer will have a booklet printing option, my second choice would be Quantum Elephant's Bookbinder java application.

For more complex cases I would use jPDF tweak.

Lekhak

Quote from: Nermander on January 07, 2018, 10:31:57 AM
I would say you are doing things wrong from the start.

I would design the document with A5 pages.

Then I would export to PDF and use an impositioning tool to generate the sheets for printing.

In this simple case most likely the PDF viewer will have a booklet printing option, my second choice would be Quantum Elephant's Bookbinder java application.

For more complex cases I would use jPDF tweak.

Thanks Nermander. I found the booklet printing option in my PDF XChange Editor. I'll try this way.