pagination

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillaume

Have new four-page document in v. 1.5.3 with a decorative border.  Under the lower border I made a small text frame to contain the # number symbol.  Converted this first page to master.  Applied it to all pages making sure I had named the masterpage.  The  border displays on all pages but page numbers don't show.  I know I am missing something; what can it be?
Guillaume

utnik

hi gillaume

Quote from: Guillaume on December 29, 2017, 08:54:32 PM...I made a small text frame to contain the # number symbol.

did you just insert the character '#'? – unfortunately the page number variable displays exactly the same, but under the surface it's something different. in the code of the .sla file the automatic page number looks like <var name="pgno"/> and you should insert it over the menu ('insert' → 'character' → 'page number') or by the keyboard shortcut.

utnik

Guillaume

By going to Scribus menu, I did the Insert/Character move and got numbers to show all right notwithstanding the absence of the # symbol.  I had used Story Editor without success.  Thank you for the advice.
Guillaume