Text vanishing in PDF export

Previous topic - Next topic

mike.baehr

I'm creating a very simple document, a single image on each of 20 pages and a small field of text on each of the first and last pages. When I export to PDF, the text vanishes in the resulting file, even with properties all at default values. What am I doing wrong? There's obviously something very elementary that I'm missing.

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi mike

when i export your file, i can see the text on both pages.
the fonts are replaced by scribus, as i don't have exactly the same futura fonts as you do – so i lose your exact font settings.

• go to 'file' → 'dacument setup' → 'fonts' and check if 'embed in postscript file' is checked. (i would check 'subset' as well for this file, as you don't need the full character set...)
  • in the 'fonts' tab of the .pdf export window check 'embed all' (or 'outline all', if the fonts are set to 'subset' – this will not really outline them, it will produce and embed a so called 'type 3' font wich contains all the used glyphs).
even without any embedded font, the text should be readable (at least with 'acrobat reader') as the reader should usually display the text with a standard font – so i don't really know what happens when you export your file...

utnik

mike.baehr

That did the trick! Thanks so much for your help, utnik.