Can Scribus documents be combined or merged?

Previous topic - Next topic

dezcat

After visiting the likely paces in Scribus, I don't see any tool to allow this..I can't be the first to want or ask about it.

I'm working on a document which is and will be very image-heavy. It might be nice to break it up into sections, then merge them when I'm done.

Can this be done in 1.4.6?

thank you!
writer, artist

GarryP

You can use menu "Page -> Import" to import SLA documents into the current one but I've not used it myself so I don't know how well it works. I have no idea how well it handles combining styles and other things. Also, you need to make sure that you have enough memory to hold the entire document together at the same time. For image-heavy documents that might be an issue.

There are also many utilities that allow you to combine PDFs which could be another option. Try web searching for "pdf stitch combine" (without the quotes). There are some that you install on your machine and there are some that you use online via a browser but if you use an online service make sure you read the Service Level Agreement very carefully (including the small print). Some services may - sneakily - take the copyright off you as "part of the service". In other words, if they are doing the work and it's their system that is creating the final document then it's their document. If someone is doing something for you for free then they might not have your best interests at heart.

dezcat

GarryP;

thanks for the information - and the warning. I'd rather struggle on my own than let somebody snake the copyright to my work!

weasels!
writer, artist

GarryP

You're welcome.

Not all of the organisations take liberties with the copyright - some of them are simply giving the service because they're being nice - but it's worth checking just in case.