Simple PDF Form Questions

Previous topic - Next topic

Mefi

Hello Everyone,

First off, many thanks to whomever is developing this software, it is really useful. As a inexpert user, I'm finding it quite easy and intuitive to create my first PDF form.

I do however have a few questions, as I imagine many other new users may. So I'm going to post mine, but I guess others should feel free to post their doubts on PDF forms here as well.

Many thanks in advance to all who reply.

So, is there a way to put a word limit to the PDF text field? Note that I see there is a way to put character limit, so I could get around this by limiting to a number of characters that would resemble the word limit I want. But it would be more precise to have an actual word limit.

Anyone?

Mefi.

Mefi

Another little question I have.

In some forms you can see in the box you are supposed to fill up some grey text giving some additional info on what you are supposed to write. That text then disappears when you click on the box to fill it up.

Can this be easily implemented with Scribus? For now I am using the tooltip, but I want to make sure all users will see the text, something I am not sure will happen with the tooltip.

Many thanks.