Constrain axis while moving objects?

Previous topic - Next topic

dezcat

I'd hope that holding the CTRL key while moving an object would constrain it to the axis it's being moved along, but no luck on my computer...

Any suggestions?

Thank you

I'm using the latest daily build of scribus on ubuntu 17.04.
writer, artist

a.l.e

ctrl should work for it...

just tried with cmd on this mac and it did it...

GarryP

It depends on what you mean by an "object" but CTRL works just fine when moving frames and shapes in Scribus 1.4.6 on Ubuntu 17.04.
Just make sure that you press CTRL after you start dragging the frame/shape, otherwise you are invoking the "select alternative" function (that can be used to select things that are under other things).

CTRL doesn't work, however, when you are moving nodes in the Node Editor (at least not in 1.4.6). I think there are a few other areas where it doesn't constrain but I can't think of them just now.

dezcat

It doesn't matter when I press CTRL.

I know about this from using Scribus at work...aside from the fact that I use the daily build at home, the two instances of Scribus act like completely different creatures..

Shouldn't Scribus on an installation of Ubuntu be pretty smooth and well-behaved?
writer, artist

a.l.e

it should.

as written in the other thread, i fear a theme (qt or gtk) issue...

try to use the plain themes for both gnome and qt (if you have picked a different one for one of them).

dezcat

It does. I'd been using the "daily build."

The regular production-ready version, 146, does work properly in that regard.
writer, artist