How can I remove the line of a text/image frame?

Previous topic - Next topic

ilouboff

Hi guys,

I'm trying to remove the line of my text and image frames on a flyer (using Scribus 1.5.3 on Ubuntu). A simple solution would be to create a style line and to set the color of the line as white. However, I'm using a multicolor background image, which makes this solution inadequate.

Any idea on where I could find an option such as line = "none"?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Igor

ilouboff

Hi Garry,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond.

I haven't found the ideal solution but here's a reasonable workaround. There's an option which allows the removal of all frames (right-click anywhere outside a frame and uncheck "show frames"). Then, one can use the style option to add a line to specific frames when needed.

Again, not ideal but it works.

Cheers,
Igor

GarryP

You're welcome.

You don't need a workaround. Find where you change the outline colour - in 1.4.6 it's the Colours tab of the Properties Palette, don't know where in 1.5.x - and set it to None. That's all you need to do.

utnik

hi igor

Quote from: ilouboff on November 12, 2017, 02:47:00 PM...here's a reasonable workaround. There's an option which allows the removal of all frames (right-click anywhere outside a frame and uncheck "show frames")...

if unchecking 'show frames' works, then there aren't any visible frames in your final document (in 'preview mode' you won't see them...)
the 'show frames' option is just to make the frames visible while working on the layout.

utnik

ilouboff

Thanks a lot to both,

Newbie misunderstanding actually. You're right Utnik, the frames visible in the working document are not visible in the final document, by default.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again!
Igor