Single Page PDF v. Double Sided for CreateSpace

Previous topic - Next topic

24Peter

I am seeking clarification on using Scribus for a CreateSpace  submission:

The CreateSpace pdf. requirements reads as follows:

If you are uploading a PDF, we require that you submit a Single Page PDF, as opposed to a
Spread or 2-Up. You can format your file in various programs such as Word or InDesign and
export to PDF.

What is a Spread Format and why can' t it be submitted?
Spread is when a document appears as 2 pages, but is actually a single page. Generally a
spread format appears as a book would when opened.

I am using a Double Sided Document Setup Scribus. I am confused as to whether or not that would comply with the CreateSpace Interior requirements. I can see individual pages in my document but I am doing a lot of two page photospreads. I do see a line down the center of the page and get a full page count when I view the exported .pdf in Adobe Reader. if that matters.

utnik

hi peter

Quote from: 24Peter on November 10, 2017, 09:18:48 PM...we require that you submit a Single Page PDF, as opposed to a
Spread or 2-Up
...I am using a Double Sided Document Setup...

that's ok.
the double sided layoutof scribus still exports the .pdf file as single pages, not as combined spread sheets.

utnik

24Peter

Quote from: utnik on November 11, 2017, 07:09:35 AM
hi peter

Quote from: 24Peter on November 10, 2017, 09:18:48 PM...we require that you submit a Single Page PDF, as opposed to a
Spread or 2-Up
...I am using a Double Sided Document Setup...

that's ok.
the double sided layoutof scribus still exports the .pdf file as single pages, not as combined spread sheets.

utnik

Great thank you!