no option for pdf x1a in 1.5.4.svn

Previous topic - Next topic

brinerustle

My printer is asking me to send them a pdf x1a file. I installed both the ng (1.5.3) and the trunk (1.5.4) versions in the hope that I would be able to do this, but I cannot get either of them to show me an option within the "export as pdf" dialogue. Under: File Options> Compatibility: I see only these three possibilities: 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5. Upon mouse-over I get the hint that there might be other ones (pdf x1a, x3, x4), but these do not appear as options in the drop-down menu. Would changing all the images one by one to CMYK make this option available?

[attachment deleted by admin]

GarryP

I'm not an expert in this area but I'm fairly sure that you've got to have Colour Management switched on to get the advanced PDF types.
And once you switch that on you'll have to make sure that you're using the right settings, which is out of my experience - I don't get things printed.
Just thought I'd give you a quick answer so you can hopefully start rolling. I'm sure someone else can help you more but at least this might get you started on something while you wait for a much more complete answer.